Say “Good Bye” To Stomach Ache with These Simple Remedies
What Is Stomach ache?
Stomach ache (also called Abdominal pain) is very common that everyone experiences it at one point or another. Millions of people are struggling with stomach ache every day, and the diagnosis and treatment can vary from person to person.
Stomachaches also can range in intensity from a mild abdominal pain to severe acute pain. As a result, it’s important to be able to recognize the signs and symptoms as early as possible so that you know when to call your health professional.
What Causes of Stomach ache?
Whether it’s serious or not, stomachaches can have various causes. Some common causes of abdominal pain are:
- A stomach infection
- Virus HP
- Menstrual cramps
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Food poisoning, food allergies or overeating
- Lactose intolerance
- Kidney stones
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
Common Symptoms of Stomach ache
If your stomach pain is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, see your healthcare provider for a complete checkup:
- Chest discomfort
- Are unable to pass stool
- Frequent urination, and incontinence
- Your abdomen is tender to the touch
- Pain is constant and lasts for hours
- Have difficulty breathing
Home Remedies for Stomach Aches
Some natural and effective treatments can give you quick relief. Say “Good Bye” to stomach ache with these simple remedies.
- Chamomile Tea
Some components in chamomile can help reduce the pain of a stomach ache due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Chamomile tea also can relax the muscle of the upper digestive tract to improve your digestive health.
- Use one teaspoon of dried chamomile to 1 cup of boiling water
- Cover and steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Strain it well
- Add lemon juice or honey to your taste.
- Drink your tea slowly
Consume this tea 2 – 3 times everyday to get rid of stomach aches.
Ginger has been used as a cure-all for everything from pain to nausea for centuries. Hundreds of studies have shown that ginger is a very effective home remedy for several kinds of tummy ache. It contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities that help maintain digestive system health, in turn easing stomach pains.
In addition, ginger helps reduce free radical production as well as neutralize stomach acids and make your body more efficient at absorbing nutrients.
- Chop up some fresh ginger into small pieces
- Bring the water to a boil, add these small pieces and turn off heat.
- Turn off the heat and then strain
- Drink it slowly
To say “Goodbye” to stomach ache, apply this process two or three times a day for at least 1 month.
Peppermint is also considered one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of stomach ache. The menthol present in its leaves acts as a natural analgesic that can relieve pains without the side effects.
- Boil a cup of water
- Pour one teaspoon of dried chamomile in it
- Wait for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat
- Strain it well
- Drink it slowly
To get the best results, repeat this process twice a day to calm your mind and reduce stomach pains.
Fennel is an aromatic herb that helps treat many digestive diseases, including abdominal pain (or stomach ache). Also, fennel seeds contain pain-reducing, carminative, and antimicrobial actions.
- Take a cup of hot water
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds in it
- Cover and wait for 8 – 10 minutes
- Strain it
- Consume it slowly
Apply this process twice or three times a day to get rid of stomach pains.
Asafetida (also called hing) is well known for its antispasmodic and antiflatulent properties which can help treat digestion problems including heartburn, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, gas and stomach aches.
- Mix two teaspoons of asafetida with a glass of warm water
- Stir it well
- Use this solution two or three times everyday for at least one month.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
If you are suffering stomach pains, apple cider vinegar is worth considering. It can help relieve discomfort caused by bloating or indigestion. Also, apple cider vinegar also may be good for your health and help you lose weight.
- Mix three teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of honey and a cup of warm water.
- Stir it well
- Use this mixture 2 – 3 times a day until the stomach aches are gone.
Yogurt is also an effective and simple home remedy for stomach ache. Studies have shown that good bacteria or probiotics in it can help your digestive system function properly and alleviates stomach pains caused by indigestion.
- Mix three teaspoons of plain yogurt and ½ teaspoon of salt in a cup of water
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Mix this solution with 2/3 tablespoons of juice from coriander leaves.
- Use this treatment once after a day and after your meal about 45 – 60 minutes.
In addition to those above-mentioned treatments, lemongrass is alo one of the most workable cures for lots of stomach disorders.